My Layouts

Thursday, October 23, 2008

I Reached My Goal!!!

At the beginning of this month, I set a goal to create 8 layouts by the end of the month. I am happy to say that I have accomplished my goal, above and beyond. I completed my 8th & 9th layout yesterday, posting my 10th layout right now and finished another layout for Phillsboo's newest kit, called Grandma's Love, that will be released in her shop next week. I also made a QP from the layout and that will be released when the kit comes out. So without further ado, here's my 2nd layout for Phillsboo's Divalicious kit called, "It's me, Halley!".


Credits:
Divalicious kit by Phillsboo
Template by Cindy, AhhhScrap September Template Challenge


As you can tell from the layout, my daughter Halley loves to be in front of the camera. She aspires to someday be a model but need to first overcome her stage fright. She claims to be shy, but let me tell you she is far from it. She just doesn't like performing in front of people, although she has no problem doing it whatsoever.

She's been taking cheer classes since June of this year and her team marched in the Hacienda Heights 4th of July Parade. Man was that a long parade and it was scorching HOT. I know because I was a parent volunteer and I marched alongside my daughter. She also performed in front of parents at her team's Tiger Jam. I'll have to upload the video to her performance some day. It was an amateur video, taken by me, so the quality wasn't that good but it will serve its purpose by perserving the memory of it. Her team will also be marching in the La Puente Christmas Parade on December 4th so something else to look forward. And she can't wait to do it. So my daughter shy? Nah!

On a different note, I had the pleasure to chat with some of my fellow CT members. Silvia, Laura, Marianna, it was great chatting with you ladies. They are quite the characters and are very sweet ladies. Mariana, have fun in Rio de Janeiro!!! Take lots of pictures and don't forget to share with us.

Well, I have to prepare dinner now. During our chat, we started talking about food and it just got all of us hungry. Laura said she was making Spaghetti for her husband tonight and guess what...I decided to do the same. It's been a while since we've had it and Michael and the kids love it. I'm not much of a pasta person, I prefer rice. I guess it's the Asian in me, LOL! Silvia, I guess I have to make my steak another night. Good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there Leah...I had a lot of fun chatting with you all too...to bad you didnt come back...we need to do that more often...I hope the Spaghetti was good...you all made so hungry...lol

Big hugs

Anonymous said...

Its me again...forgot to say I love love this layout of your daughter...she is soooo cute...very nice..thanks girl

A Special Thanks...

... to Barbara aka Kayleks Designs for designing my blog. She did an amazing job! **Big hugs & kisses** **muah, muah**

She used her kit, Love Birds, which you can find in her store at Plain Digital Wrapper. If you would like more info on her services, please check out her blog and scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. She creates awesome blog designs, banners, blinkies, etc.

Hugs & Kisses,

Leah ;D