My Layouts

Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day & Freebie You're My Valentine by Kittiescrap Forum Designers

I had a pretty nice day today, weather notwithstanding. It had rained most of the day and suppose to rain on and off for all of next week too. I don't really mind the rain much, as long as I don't have to be in it...I was in it most of today. You say, "Rain...what's the big deal?". But I live in sunny California and it hardly ever rains here. In fact, we had 80 degree weather all last week so I guess it's long overdue.

Nah...the weather wasn't what made the day nice. It was being on the go all day. I had a lunch date with my sister and nephew at our favorite all-you-can-eat seafood buffet. I love me some seafood, especially sushi. After lunch, we went to a tea house next door and I got my fave hot Jasmine milk tea with boba. YUMMY! I was so stuffed from lunch that I wasn't even hungry when it came time for dinner, LOL!

After spending time with my sis, I went to Halley's school to help out with her class Valentine party. She was begging me all last night to help out and I don't really have a reason not to since I'm not working right now. Guess this goes along the line of being a stay-at-home mom, hehe. The party actually turned out pretty fun. Halley was thrilled to see me. I didn't tell her that I was coming to help since I didn't actually know myself until I was on my way there.


They had some activites, including decorating their own cupcakes. They also had a lot of treats. Seems like the entire class contributed something to the party. Halley brought the Capri-Sun. I had to take a picture of all the goodies they got. One the girls in class even said she was so happy and lucky to be in that class.


I also had to take a picture of Halley with her best school friends ~ Mia, Savannah and Lily. I don't know the boy who snuck in for the picture.

And this was Halley's giveaway. Her teacher and classmates loved it. There were oohs and ahhs at how "creative" it was and wondered how I did it. Shhhh...they don't know my secret. Even my sister was surprised that I came up with this. She didn't know I had a creative side, lol.

I had to make 20 of these treat bags. Man, I was tired.

Here's a view of both sides of the bag.

And here's the layout that I used for the bag topper. I used Kittiescrap Forum Designers' collab kit, You're My Valentine, which you can still pick up at the forum. It may be too late for Valentine treat bags but it's good to have to scrap your Valentine photos.

Credits:

You're My Valentine collab kit by Kittiescrap Forum Designers

Fonts - Love Letters, Lejone


Click on image to download from the forum.

I'll be back tomorrow to show you a sneak peek of the kit I'll be giving away at the Digital Arts Cafe Chase the Winter Blues Away Blog Train that starts on Feb 15th. Yes, you heard right. I finally designed my very first kit and I can't wait to share it with you and hear what you think. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Valentines post on Feb. 14, 2009. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 14 Feb [LA 07:00pm, NY 10:00pm] - 15 Feb [UK 03:00am, OZ 02:00pm] ).

Kittie said...

very beautiful

A Special Thanks...

... to Barbara aka Kayleks Designs for designing my blog. She did an amazing job! **Big hugs & kisses** **muah, muah**

She used her kit, Love Birds, which you can find in her store at Plain Digital Wrapper. If you would like more info on her services, please check out her blog and scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. She creates awesome blog designs, banners, blinkies, etc.

Hugs & Kisses,

Leah ;D